Saturday, June 17, 2006

Childhood's End

Yesterday, I officially finished high school. How should I describe it? "It arouses a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness" (10 points for those who recognise this quote... I just love easter eggs).

I must admit that it wasn't as I had expected it to be. I thought it would be less emotional. However, you could feel something hanging in the atmosphere. I still keep sighing because of it...

I feel speechless. Those ideas I keep pourring into these posts just don't seem to come... You could say that I feel touched...

I believe that I still couldn't come to grasp it. I mean, life without going to school in the morning? That's impossible! Not seeing my friends and teachers every day? No way! Still, it is a truth I must come to accept in time (and comprehend, first of all).

I can't believe it, I just can't seem to get it right. The words won't come out... I'll just leave it at that. For those who know what I mean, they'll understand, for the rest, I hope this post won't sound too stupid...

PS: I would appreciate to see my fellow graduates' comments here...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a fellow graduate but believe me I've tasted the end of childhood before even going to high school. Not everyone is as lucky as you. Now you will start living Real Life (TM) and it won't be pretty. But if you keep your inner child alive, even if you fall on hard times you will handle it and move on. If not, may the Gods you believe in have mercy on your soul.

Anonymous said...

BTW. The whole phrase goes like:
"Because ten billion year's time is so fragile, so ephemeral... it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness."
Haven't seen "Ima, soko ni iru boku" yet but Tibi is really fond of quotes from it so I memorised it. I will watch it I promise!

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's the full quote. And Tibi is so fond of it because I've had it as my YM status for about 3 weeks, after seeing the anime. I've only started my blog after watching it, so I didn't make a review. I kind of regret that...

Anonymous said...

pfaaaahahah...pana si titlul post-ului ii un quote....hai mah rosi, Iron Maden?!? ce-ai ajuns!!! :)))...btw, recunosc minunea aia d citat k o tot aveai la status intr-o vreme :P :))...P.S. : astept poze!!! :P

Anonymous said...

i'm not a fellow graduate either, but i just have to post here :P

about keeping that "inner child" alive, i'm still trying to awaken the "inner adult" within me (but i'm just out of luck)...

anyway, if you like quotes here is one from an f grade, cheap sci-fi/horror movie (can't remember the title, about those furry little monsters from a spaceship - the 4th episode): "times change...people change..." *shoots an old friend* :P

Anonymous said...

As 'handy' as I usually am with words, that night at the party I couldn't articulate a single smart thing.. I remember someone (ok, let's make that several people :P) taping the event and asking me about my thoughts. The truth was, I didn't have any; I just watched all of my friends having a good time and I wondered whether I would ever feel such enjoyment, satisfaction and pride as I felt at that moment.

Vic's right. There was something hanging in the atmosphere: it was the bitersweet scent of teenage euphoria... it was the veil separating us from our past; from the happiest time of our lives. Or so they say.

But there's no point in spilling nostalgia all over the place! We're still young and we have a LOT of great things ahead of us!

Kisses! ;)